Maskne is a real thing….
Wearing a mask amid the COVID-19 pandemic may do a lot of good to prevent the spread of the coronavirus but it can also cause breakouts — a.k.a. maskne
Maskne is a real thing. UGH! Mask. Acne. = Maskne.
So many people are breaking out right now. In addition to the chronic stress many of us are experiencing, Maskne is caused by the combination of rubbing from the mask, which irritates the skin barrier, as well as the hot moisture trapped inside, which dilates the pores and allows bacteria and oil to clog them up. Once the follicles are trapped with gunk, they become inflamed, leading to blemishes popping up all over so many beautiful faces.
Here are some tips to prevent these breakouts from wearing a mask.
- Wash your face with our gentle Acne Wash. It is benzoyl peroxide free. Harsh cleansers can further irritate your skin barrier
- Balance your skin’s pH with our Blackhead Astringent – it is non-drying because it is not alcohol based
- Apply our oil-free Anti-Acne Moisturizer. Now is not the time to use heavy oil based lotions and foundations that can further clog your pores. Our formula with salicylic acid works to help clear out the dirt and the debris and help prevent blackheads and whiteheads from forming. And Aloe Vera soothes irritated and stressed skin
- Wait 15 minutes before putting on your mask
- Follow this routine as soon as you take off your mask when you get home
- Wash your mask and replace your disposable mask daily
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, we might be wearing masks for a long time. Our Liquid Oxygen skincare routine can help lessen mask-related skin damage and breakouts. Use the coupon code maskne to save 15% on our 3 Step Acne System.